Name: Eashaan Dassanayaka
Programme: Diploma in Bio Medical Science
School: S. Thomas’ College Mt. Lavinia
Ambition: Become a Forensic Scientist
“Nutritional supplement use among school level athletes” (Dassanayaka, E.M & Silva,S.N (2015). “Nutritional supplement use among school level athletes in Sri Lanka” Bioinquirer Journal, Vol. V1)
- Currently working on my magazine “The Dosage issue 2”.
- Script writing and branding as a freelancer.
- Planning research for 2016 ( Bio medical batch 1)
- Managing editor for “The dosage magazine”
- Proprietor for Extract and Design Company
- Full time student at the International institute of Health Sciences
Experience at IIHS:
- Have helped with Bio Inquirer health conference “Zero Sports Injuries”
- Worked with the IIHS administrative staff in documenting student feedback from the University of New England international student visit.
- Active student council member and Organizer for the year 2015.
- Learned lot of clinical practical knowledge through medical seminars organized by IIHS.
- Participated Annual academics sessions 2015 organized by the International Institute of Health Sciences.
- Industrial visits to Medical research institute, Lady Ridgeway hospital.
What are the advantages learning at IIHS:
- Studying at IIHS is unique as it’s a green campus ( good study friendly environment)
- IIHS has a unique E learning system that helps you to keep track of your studies.
- Teaching is done in various ways such as Skype lecturing sessions.
- Learning at IIHS is more practical based.
- We will be having placements at prominent health care facilities and medical laboratories.
- Industrial visits gives us an idea on what we are supposed to do in future.
- Online exams and computer based examinations are more intrusting than traditional learning systems.