Master of Nursing
Established on August 10, 2000 Open University Malaysia (OUM) is the seventh private university in Malaysia. OUM leverages on the quality, prestige and capabilities of its owners – a consortium of the 11 Malaysian public universities. Striving on its motto of a “University for All” OUM subscribes to the philosophy that education should be made available to all, regardless of time, place and age.
OUM programmes are designed by experts from the industry, academia and professional bodies and are approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), formerly known as National Accreditation Board (LAN).
International Institute of Health sciences (IIHS) Sri Lanka’s premier healthcare training institute & one of the International centers of Open University of Malaysia collaborating with Open University of Malaysia provides access to the Sri Lankan Nurses to get up to date knowledge and skills in nursing by introducing following course with the view of uplifting the “Nursing” as a profession of Sri Lanka and to keep our Nursing profession in par with the international level.
- Recognized Bachelor of Nursing program.
Qualifications awarded by the Open University of Malaysia are recognized worldwide.
- To upgrade knowledge, skills and competency of registered nurses.
- To produce clinically efficient graduates.
- To cater to the increasing demands for specialized nurses in six (6) critical clinical areas i.e. Trauma and Emergency Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Paediatrics Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Oncology Nursing and Renal Nursing.
Hospital CEO, Nursing Researcher, Unit In-Charge, University Lecturer, Health Administrator, Public Health Policy Maker
OUM Teaching/ Learning Methodology
- Face to Face Interaction
Lectures are conducted at IIHS (International Center of OUM), 3 to 4 days per month according to a flexible learning schedule.
- Self- Managed Learning
Where learners study independently according to their time availability
- Printed modules
- Electronic Reading Materials / CD-ROM
- On-Line Learning
Electronic communication tools such as e-mail, Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) are provided to facilitate interaction among learners, tutors and facilitators.
- E –Content
Students can download the course content and support materials from MyLMS / Digital Library
- Clinical Placement
- Application of theory from core and specialized subjects , at the hospital / institution where the students are working
- Specific Practicum is performing at selected hospitals under the Supervision & the clinical teaching by a Local Preceptor.