BSc in Education
Established on August 10, 2000 Open University Malaysia (OUM) is the seventh private university in Malaysia. OUM leverages on the quality, prestige and capabilities of its owners – a consortium of the 11 Malaysian public universities. Striving on its motto of a “University for All” OUM subscribes to the philosophy that education should be made available to all, regardless of time, place and age.OUM programmes are designed by experts from the industry, academia and professional bodies and are approved by the Malaysian Qualiﬁcations Agency (MQA), formerly known as National Accreditation Board.
University Grants Commission- Sri Lanka Notice:
The public is hereby informed that the University Grants Commission recognizes Foreign
Universities/ Higher Educational Institute based on international acceptance. Universities / Higher Educational Institutes that are listed in the following International Publications which are authentic sources of information on Universities and Higher recognized at present;
- Commonwealth Universities Yearbook
(Published by the Association of Commonwealth
- International Handbook of Universities
(Published by the Association of Universities)
Open University Malaysia is listed in the international handbook of Universities. In order to see the listing of Open University Malaysia under international handbook of Universities,
please log in to below link.
International Institute of Health Sciences (IIHS), is Sri Lanka’s premier educational institute. Bachelor of Education in TESL is an internationally recognized programme offered by OUM and delivered by IIHS.
GCE Advanced Level or IIHS International Foundation in Education and HNDE (Higher National Diploma in English) or a diploma in English obtained from a recognized institution.
*Exemptions for selected modules leading to 1-year
Qualiﬁcations awarded by the Open University Malaysia are recognized worldwide.
- To promote academic and career development of teachers, teacher educators, principals of schools and others in the field of Education, especially in the teaching of English as a second language.
- To enhance students ‘s English language proficiency so that they can teach English effectively
- To equip students with pedagogical knowledge and skills in teaching of English as a second language.
- To equip students with knowledge of assessment methodology related to teaching of English as a second language
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Years
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Self