ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN GENERAL NURSING (DGN)
This course is especially designed for those who wish to pursue a career in Nursing. Those who enjoy working with people and care about promoting good health may be interested in pursuing such a career. The changing demand for nurses creates a variety of job openings in many places. The nurse can work in hospitals, schools, nursing homes, elderly care facilities, airlines, professional organizations, Non Governmental Organizations, research organizations and many other healthcare facilities. Nurses can be involved in caring for the sick, rehabilitation, promoting health, preventing disease, teaching health classes, teaching in a school of nursing and a host of other activities.
In the hospital, a Nurse has the opportunity to practice in trauma/emergency, critical care, outpatient and inpatient surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, geriatrics, oncology, cardiology, rehabilitation, and psychiatry. In the community, a Nurse can practice in physicians’ offices, clinics, schools, occupational and public health systems.
- G.C.E A/L any stream – 3 Passes
- IIHS Foundation Programme
Diploma holders can move into the Bachelors level &the Bachelors can be completed either in Sri Lanka or countries like Australia& USA. Options may include;
- Bachelor of Nursing – Deakin University – Australia – Final year in Australia after completing the diploma.
- Bachelor of Nursing – Edith Cowan University – Australia – Two years in Australia, after completing the first 2 years of the diploma.
- Bachelor (Hons) Nursing Science – Open University of Malaysia – 2 year part time program in Sri Lanka, whilst working as a nurse after completing the 3 years diploma.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Years
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 60
- Assessments Self